Friday, November 6, 2009

Question 6: I would like to know if the other gentlemen support the Holstein Association or Foremost Farms? As far as I'm concerned, the Holstein USA is the only one that cares about us.

David C: Our board has met multiple times, I've sat down with John Meyer and Gordy Cook, we continue to have dialogue with them - while we have not officially come on board, there are many concepts I think we can support. I'm very interested in having something on the front edge that gives us the ability to manage production, but understand world market opportunities. Looking at a two prong approach, you have the ability to be on the leading edge, but know that opportunities could disappear. While we like a lot of things and will continue to have dialogue, I think there's some other things we'd like to bring to the table and continue working with them on. Any new producer in this business is excited, but for them to get access is a lot of money. I think we will continue to be at the table with them.

Lucas: Its important to remember its the farmers responsibility to keep talking to their board members

David W: As we have more conflict, we have better participation at meetings. Our organization is a member driven one, but we are in the process of information gathering right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment