Friday, May 28, 2010

Cow Camp 2010


Hello all! Well I think it is safe to say that Cow Camp 2010 was a success! We had over sixty campers attend camp this year, which was held at Beaver Creek in Chippewa Falls. When the campers arrived at camp they were invited to play a game of kickball after putting their things away in their cabins, and later enjoyed a meal before their evening of stations. The evening stations included nutrition, calf care, reproduction, and classifying, which were put on by a great bunch of volunteers. The JAC boys were put in charge of dinner that night, so the menu included brats and hamburgers. Later that night we had two campfires and the campground offered an observatory for the kids to go and enjoy. We sang songs and made S’mores and had fun hanging out with our new and old friends.

The next morning we were up and at it early and the boys took the campers on a hike while the JAC ladies made breakfast. That agenda for the day included some more stations, which focused on showmanship, and more importantly the famous shaving cream fight. Now, this was my first cow camp and I’ve heard about the shaving cream fight but let me tell you, it is way more intense than any thing you have imagined. I thought I was safe in my JAC coat and jeans, but by the end of the fight I had shaving cream inside my coat, shoes, ears, nose, and mouth, nothing and no one was safe.

I’d like to send out a big thanks to all of our wonderful volunteers, my fellow JAC members, Chris, and the campers. I hope all of you made some great memories and I am already excited for next year’s camp! See you at the shows!

Katie Wallenhorst, SW District JAC

No comments:

Post a Comment